Lenity Senior Living breathes compassion and life into every aspect of assisted living. From spacious, new apartments to quality food and beautiful courtyards, we have crafted a special environment for our residents. We understand the challenges and opportunities that emerge in this phase of life.
Lenity is quickly becoming the place of choice. We are seeking to increase our dedicated Care Team as quickly as possible to keep up with the demands and quality of service we provide our residents. Individuals interested in joining our exceptional, hardworking Team; and who share our passions: a heart for seniors, a strong desire to help others, impeccable integrity, authenticity, and a dedication to quality are highly encouraged to apply immediately.
We offer employee development and flexible work options when possible. Lenity strives to maintain a supportive, fun, and innovative work environment where honesty, edification, diligence and compassion drive employment success.
For job consideration, all candidates must respond via email with resume information or list of employers, titles, dates of employment and job duties for each position held within the last 10 years.
Cook/Kitchen Assistant Overview:
There’s nothing quite like a heart-felt greeting with a smile. Our staff has the opportunity to give our residents that feeling every day. This position can be an incredibly fulfilling role for detail-focused individuals who enjoy multi-tasking work responsibilities while building meaningful relationships.
Our Lenity Team expectations are to provide exceptional personal care services to each resident in a pleasant, courteous, and respectful manner; while promoting and supporting his/her personal rights, overall well-being, and service satisfaction.
Overall, qualified candidates must possess ability to adapt quickly to daily demands/circumstances; contribute his/her knowledge and experience to the team, and demonstrate strong work ethics.
• Adhere to all required health and safety guidelines; including proper lifting techniques, food and safety handling, chemical handling, and other universal precautions in the line of providing appropriate care to residents.
• Adhere to the schedule of duties for care provision and the individual plan of care for each resident as required.
• Follow company and legal protocol to report resident status changes, negligence, abuse and/or other significant observations as required, which may include acting immediately to any resident crisis and/or elevating the situation to appropriate personnel, medical entity, and/or authority as necessary.
• Professionally, respectfully and compassionately greet, welcome, respond to, and interact with all facility residents, staff, visitors and contacts; such as, those with diverse backgrounds, cultures, religious beliefs, lifestyles, economic statuses, etc. whether in-person, over the phone or electronically.
• Help prepare meals, set up tables, clear tables, and other kitchen tasks.
• Perform all kitchen and dishwashing duties as assigned in an orderly, sanitary fashion.
• Complete additional duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
• Assist co-workers and others as needed in a respectful, courteous manner, and helpful manner.
Proficient ability and detail oriented skills to read, write, and understand instructions; and carefully follow appropriate protocol independently, as required by the company and/or regulatory agencies.
• Ability and desire to learn about, understand, and express compassion for the challenges and needs of the elderly
• Verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate in a professional, respectful, and courteous manner, such as with a diverse group of residents, visiting guest, family members, regulatory agents, and various personnel.
• Confident, independent capability to quickly assess, evaluate, adapt, and respond appropriately to medical emergency and/or stressful situations.
• Flexibility to work well independently and/or in a team environment.
• Skill and ability to carry out kitchen and dishwashing duties and various other tasks, as needed.
• Self-initiative to observe, act, and assist with resident needs, co-worker assistance, and building deficiencies.
• GED/High School Diploma
• Successfully pass a drug test screen and Idaho security Health & Welfare background check
• Adhere to all Lenity Senior Living Policies and Procedures, as well as, regulatory agencies requirements; such as, Resident Care, Company Dress Code, Harassment Policy, Scheduling, Punctuality, Recordkeeping, etc.
• Ability to perform the physical requirements of the job; including, but limited to, maintaining a stationary position for extended amounts of time, moving about the facility quickly when necessary, frequently transporting, positioning or removing items weighing up to 50 pounds, utilizing proper body mechanics such as bending, twisting, squatting, while performing physical work, and using fine motor skills.
• Possess and/or ability to obtain certain necessary certifications as required by law.
• Previous work experience in a geriatric environment; such as, an assisting living, memory care, and/or other entity that provides elder care.
• Food and Safety Certification a plus, may be obtained upon employment
Thank you for your interest in Lenity Senior Living. All applicants must email a resume or a ten-year job history to email@example.com. Please include which position you are applying for–we will contact you shortly.