Wage: starting $12.00 an hour depending on experience and certifications
Hours: Full-time 4 days on/3 days off – must be willing to work evenings and week-ends
Cook/Kitchen Assistant will prepare and provide food to residents in a cost-effective, efficient and compassionate manner that meets the residents’ needs and complies with all Federal, State and Facility rules and regulations. Cook and serve appetizing meals in a timely manner, according to pre-determined menus and recipes. Properly oversee dining preparation and clean-up, wash dishes, and clean kitchen. Store and monitor food and usage items.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Ability to prepare food (procured by the Kitchen Supervisor) in accordance with safety procedures, sanitization procedures, prepared and approved menus, dietary orders and the dietary requirements of each resident.
- Skills and ability to prepare, cook, and serve appetizing meals that are pleasing to the eye, nourishing, and flavorsome.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with residents, co-workers, and others; provide direction to others; readily take direction from the management personnel; and independently follow through on assignments.
- Competent knowledge, skill, and ability to read, understand, and follow written and verbal directives.
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and sanitized work area at all times according to government regulations and Company guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task and follow-up.
- Comprehend and strictly adhere to all Lenity Senior Living Policies and Procedures, as well as, regulatory agencies requirements; such as, Resident Care, HIPAA protocol, Company Dress Code, Harassment Policy, Scheduling, Punctuality, Recordkeeping, etc.
- At all times display and maintain a positive attitude, team spirit, and confidential etiquette to cooperate and assist others.
- Possess efficient time management skills to prioritize, organize, and multi-task job duties.
- Proficiency in basic computer skills. Ability to learn new computer concepts.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Ability to work in fluctuating temperature changes.
- Must be able to operate current and future equipment or technologies used within the kitchen area.
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability to perform the physical requirements of the job; including, but limited to, maintaining a stationary position for extended amounts of time, moving about quickly when necessary, frequently transporting, positioning or removing items weighing up to 50 pounds. Utilizing proper body mechanics such as reaching, climbing, bending, twisting, squatting, standing, stooping, walking, carrying, pushing, pulling, using hands, and finger dexterity, while performing physical work and using fine motor skills.
Minimum Education, Certification, License, and Experience Requirements
- Must be 18 years of age and possess a High School diploma or equivalent certification. Prefer at least one-year related cooking experience.
- Clear and unexpired Health and Welfare and Idaho State Police background check and/or willingness to obtain on/or before hire and maintain in good standing throughout employment.
- CPR/First Aide and Food & Safety Handlers certification and/or willingness to obtain within the first 30 days of hire and maintain on-going certification throughout employment.
- Read, write, and speak proficient English, effectual bi-lingual skills a plus.
Important Note: Lenity Senior Living promotes a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing. EEO employer. The company reserves the right to change, add to, or delete items from the job description at any time with or without prior notice.
Thank you for your interest in Lenity Senior Living. All applicants must email a resume or a ten-year job history to email@example.com. Please include which position you are applying for–we will contact you shortly.